Lapworth Surgery is a Research Active Practice
The practice team are delighted to announce that Lapworth Surgery is a research active practice working with the National Institute for Health Research, Clinical Research Network (NIHR-CRN).
We work in close collaboration with a team of GPs, research nurses and facilitators based in Warwick Medical School. If a patient is eligible to join a research study running in our practice, a GP or other healthcare professional will provide written information.
Taking part in a research study is voluntary and can be beneficial to patients who participate in them.
Examples of research projects include:
- Investigating timing of taking blood pressure medication
- Investigating respiratory infections
- Management of heart failure
- How to increase physical activity
- Ways to help people stop smoking
- The use of self-monitoring of blood pressure
Our GP Research Lead within the practice is Dr G Rowland.
If you would like to know more about research taking place locally, visit the following website: